Forum home Problem solving

where does one start in the spring?

I am looking for ideas to be better prepared for summer.Everywhere i look I see a spring project and don't know where to start. I have a big yard, 2 hours worth of mowing and I care for my mom, and I love flowers.

• JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,509
    When there’s too many thing to do, often none will be done.

Make a list of all the spring projects, move the ones you really want to do to the top, decide which ones are manageable with the time & resources you have...and park the rest until 2021! :)

A quick/good way to get the ball rolling is to plant up a small container of spring flowers now, put it near your back door to remind you each day there are good things in the garden :)
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,577
    I take it, from the enormous size of your property, and by your description of it as your “yard” that you don’t live in Britain.

Whereabouts do you live? Spring comes at different times and in different ways in different parts of the world.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 37,109
    I'm afraid many normal spring projects will need to be adapted, or put on hold,  in the current situation.
    However, if you're not in the UK, as @pansyface suggests [and I agree] that could make a big difference. 
    More information would be needed anyway, for anyone to give useful advice  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....