Forum home The potting shed

Please volunteer to support the UK as we face Covid 19

2»

• Janie BJanie B LincolnshirePosts: 834
    edited March 2020
    Sorry, wrong thread!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,361
    To be quite honest, i've not heard anyone say they're bored yet ....... there's still a lot of sock drawers to tidy, attics to sort out ........... and I bet there's some decorating they could be doing, there's always some cans of white emulsion in every garage ..... not to mention gardening. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FireFire LondonPosts: 13,993
    Risking health ( yours and anyone elses ) just to be seen to be "helping " is not really the way to go. Please be careful when exhorting people to Help .....not all who respond to your call will have the understanding to take the necessary precautions. In some cases, twiddling thumbs may well be the best bet.

I disagree. There are a myriad ways to help - as I said at the start. Posters here have been whining that they are bored, that is why I am commenting (see my first post).

If you are bored there are citizen science projects to get involved with (from the comfort of your own computer). You can make donations, you can write Wikipedia articles, you can get in touch with national charities who have their own proper vetting channels. You can record gardening for beginners videos or support schools in finding learning resources. You might be able to make food for local key workers.

I don't suppose anyone will know you are doing this work unless you tell them, so you will not be "seen" to do it. If you are worried, wear a hat and some dark glasses while at your computer.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,361
    Fire said:
    ... Posters here have been whining that they are bored, that is why I am commenting (see my first post). 

If you are bored ......................................................................................
    .......................................... computer. 
    I'm sorry, I must've missed that ........ where? Who?

:)   

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• KT53KT53 Posts: 6,418
    Many teachers are comparatively young and have their own children at home now.  They are effectively out of the marketplace to help others.