Forum home Problem solving

Dying Monstera Deliciosa - help!!!!

Hello, 
First and foremost, I hope everyone is well and safe! 
I’m hoping to receive some guidance/advice on how to help three of my Monsteras as they’ve all started developing the same issue. 
The leaves started to yellow across the whole surface or brown at the edges and are rather droopy. 
I’ve not changed anything when it comes to the frequency or watering or their light exposure so the issue seems to have come out of nowhere in a way but I feel that they won’t make it if I won’t do something. 

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,857
    How long have they been in those pots? They look pretty small for such big, vigourous plants.
    Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people
  • steephillsteephill Posts: 2,618
    Looks like those small pots don't have drainage holes which will make it difficult to get watering right. Bigger pots with drainage holes sat on a gravel tray would help. I have a 2 metre tall one in a big pot which I have regularly failed to water and it has survived for decades. I suspect you may be overwatering.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 7,675
    I'm also thinking overwatering and not enough drainage. They shouldn't sit in soggy compost.  The general rule for most houseplants is don't water until the top inch or so of compost is dry (sticking your finger in up to the first joint is a simple way to check), and when you do water, let the surplus drain through and pour it away.
  • Thank you everyone...I think, I might have an additional information on something I have noticed when taking close up photos of the leaves for the post as a few surrounding plants near these Monstera’s started getting poorly with similar symptoms - yellowing, drying on the edges leaves and there seems to be plenty or tiny mites or other insects of some sort. I mean, mites are usually in groups whilst these are scattered around...so I’m worried I might have brought pests on a new plant from somewhere?