Blueberry plant - not growing?

hey everyone! Nice to meet you!

I’m wondering if you could help me with something... about a week ago I purchased a mature blueberry plant (blueberry blue crop). It came dormant but it hasn’t sprouted or grown at all since I’ve had it. It doesn’t have any branches. 
I keep the compost moist, so it’s not like it has dried up. 

Is it dead? Is there anything I can do/should do? 

Thank you in advance!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,511
    edited 26 March
    Hello and welcome  @ozma83  😊 
    I wouldn’t really expect a lot to happen in a week ... can you show us a photo please, and tell us more about where you got it from, was it potted ... has it been repotted or planted in the ground? 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ozma83ozma83 Posts: 9
    edited 27 March
    Thank you!! 

I bought it online from a nursery I believe, and yes it was potted. I just repotted it into a larger/deeper pot. See below for pics. 

(I moved it in the second picture so that you can see it better). 

Let me know your thoughts... 
  • It's too early to be certain and this may well sprout some shoots but I haven't seen a blueberry with just one stem like this.  Try cutting it back a little as soon as you can spot some buds, to just above a bud. One thing to remember is that they like an acid soil and so need ericaceous compost when you pot them on; I also use rain water for them as we are in a limestone area.  They do not like to sit in water and may rot off if wet and not in active growth, so make sure that your pot is draining properly.
    Ok thanks. So you don’t think I should do anything at the moment - cut it back perhaps? 
    edited 27 March
    I think that at best that's a rooted cutting  ... it's going to be a few years before you've a bush  that's ready to bear fruit.  All you can do is to grow it on in the best conditions possible, following @parrotfeather* 's advice.  
     :) 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• mrtjformanmrtjforman Posts: 217
    edited 28 March
    well first of all I very much doubt that is a blueberry branch. Blueberries grow like bushes, that looks more like a currant branch or something similar. It could be a blueberry but only if someone trimmed off all side branches and why would anyone do that?

Secondly you have shown us a pot and a base of a branch. Not much to go on as we can't even see the tip of the branch.

If it is indeed a blueberry then it might develop something but that must be the worst looking excuse of an order I have seen in a long time. I would have sent that back myself.

I have gotten good plants from waitrosegardens and primrose. Blackmoor is ok and there are plenty more like james-mcintyre, suttons, crocus, victoria nurseries, chrisbowers, jparkers, gardens4you that will all sell you something better.
    I have spoken to them and got a refund. I’ll see if it grows or if anything changes, and if so I will send you a picture!
  • AsarumAsarum Posts: 318
    Maybe it’s a blackcurrant cutting?
    East Anglia
    Maybe... I’m pretty new to gardening and plants as I have started recently after moving to a flat with a balcony. Which is why I thought to ask here. I will kee you posted! 
    edited 28 March
    As you’re limited for space you should be aware that most blueberry varieties need to be pollinated by two other blueberry bushes, each of different varieties, so you need three bushes ... and they grow pretty big ... we’ve had these for three years ... the pots are 40cm in diameter and the same tall.