Geranium going yellow

Hi, my indoor geranium got infested with whitefly eggs, so I sprayed it with Baby Bio Houseplant Insecticide, left it a couple of days then wiped off the leaves that still had eggs stuck to them with a wet tissue. That was a few days ago and since then, the leaves have quickly been shrivelling and turning yellow. Not sure what I did wrong and how I can save my plant. Any advice? Thank you. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,947
    Has it got any drainage in that pot?
    If there's been any sun coming in that window, it may have been too much for the foliage too. Soft new growth can easily get shrivelled. 
    You can also cut them right back to encourage new growth. They often benefit from that. 

I take it you used the insecticide at the correct dilution too? These products can often be harmful rather than helpful. Whitefly can be washed off quite easily with your hand and some water.
    Poor ventilation can also cause insects to multiply - warm, moist conditions are what they like. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,254
    The plant is outgrowing it’s self, it’s turned into a palm tree, you can cut those right back to about 4” from the pot, it will shoot out much stronger,  cut back to just above those two side shoots.or, you could just cut off those side shoots and pot them up, you’ll have a big plant by the summer.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

edited 26 March
    There's some good wee bits that would work as cuttings too  :)
    Sorry @Lyn- I just saw that you've said that

• PegathaPegatha Posts: 35
    Thanks all! I cut off the yellow leaves and some of the other large leaves... and then decided to split the plant in two - have cut off the top half of the plant and planted that separately. Have increased the amount of drainage too. Will see how that goes! 
  • PegathaPegatha Posts: 35
    I also took some smaller cuttings and planted them up separately :) 
    Good stuff @Pegatha
    Hope they all work well for you  :)