Forum home Tools and techniques

Shed & Fence Treatment

Anyone go any suggestions on the best Shed & Fence Treatment that lasts. I've been using Ronseal  but never seems to last.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,569
    This review of 5 of the best seems to rate Sadolin as good for 5 years.

https://diygarden.co.uk/best-fence-paint/#content_sadolin-shed-and-fence-woodstain-ebony-paint-5l 

I personally will not be using Cuprinol anything again after trying it in our last garden where we had lots of rain.  This garden is much sunnier so a different problem.  I have an inherited wooden shed to smarten up and make comfy for some future hens so have been considering options doing online research as DIY shops are closed for the duration.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • TopbirdTopbird Mid SuffolkPosts: 7,587
    edited March 2020
    I've used Bedec Barn Paint (available in a range of colours) for the last couple of years. Not cheap but pretty good.

I used their Matt Black on a north / south facing rough-sawn fence.  It's lasted very well (2 coats 3 years ago).

Same product on the shed (planed / smooth finish). There, it's lasted well on 3 sides, but the side which faces south (and gets a real hammering from the sun) started to flake last autumn and needs repainting. One of my 'lockdown' jobs....
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,131
    What ever on special offer for painting my 2 allotment sheds 😉