Forum home Problem solving

What could have made these large holes in our lawn?

We were quite shocked to see lots of very large holes in our front garden lawn.  Must have happened overnight as we did not see them yesterday.  They look too big to be a bird or a cat and don't come from underneath as would see with a mole.  Has anyone seen holes of this size in grass? - Will attempt to show photos.  Sorry can't send photos - whatever I did the size was too big

• lizmaclizmac Posts: 77
    smallest resize on Windows 10 is 6.47 mb and it says this is for thumbprints = so goodness knows how anyone posts a photo on here!!
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 6,548
    Photos would indeed help! The culprits that variously dig large holes in my grass are badgers (having caught one on camera) but we also get occasional wild boar incursions - as soon as we plug one gap under the fence they dig another. Would either of those be a possibility in your area?
    Thank you -I suppose thats possible - a person in our area says he has seen muntjak deer
    My local Facebook Group think  'Badger' too  - photos are so easy to post on Facebook so what's wrong with this site??
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Derbyshire but with a Nottinghamshire postcode. Posts: 16,470
    Foxes have dug two large holes in my lawn. We have no badgers near.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,240

Works fine here ... how are you trying to do it?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Google advice was Click on photo - then right click and select 'resize' then I tried M for Medium (told me too big)  then S for Small (still told me too big)  I tried this several times and gave up.  On Facebook you just click on photo - click on Open and it loads!
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,448
    I resize my photos in Paint.
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • dappledshadedappledshade Top of the Hill, North London Posts: 982
    Foxes have made large holes in our front garden, but only in the soil, to get at the worms.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,240
    Are you clicking on the landscape icon above the text box first?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh