Virtual Open Gardens

Seeing as we can't go out and visit gardens is there any reason why we can't set up virtual Open Garden Days where we can share our garden with everyone else? As we are stuck at home we've got lots of chance to get them ready for the big day.

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,433
    Good idea Elaine- welcome to the forum  :)
    There are a few members on here with their own YouTube channels. 
    I'm sure there are quite a few on here with the means to be able to do that.

• B3B3 Posts: 11,378
    But some of us haven't got the gardens 😉
    Would love to see forum- worthy gardens though
    Now if GoS was revived, I would have plenty of material😉
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,433
    Not exactly a forum garden (though if l could get away with it, l would say, yes this is my garden 😁). 
    As Keukenhof is closed, they are posting videos on their Facebook page 
    https://m.facebook.com/visitkeukenhof/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0
  • I have posted a good number of videos from my garden to youtube.com. I tried to make playlists for flowers that can be found in particular months in case it might be helpful for people wanting ideas for what flowers might be useful for those months in their own garden. This linked video goes most of the way round the garden which was started in 2014 and there are more available there on the same channel.
  • Just posted a new video of how the garden looks this morning since I have the time free anyway. I realise it is not being kept 100% tidy but my focus is to try make it wildlife friendly as much as I can. Already planning on reducing the lawn area as free time allows. Any comments or advice on improvements appreciated.
    All the best.
    Rob