B3B3 Posts: 11,378
Today I cleared out the spice cupboard😇

Bits of nutmeg from the time of the pharaohs
Three packets of cumin seeds
Three packets of coriander seeds
Mango powder???
Multiple pots of unidentifiable spice mixes
Unopenable tins.
Everything is labelled and sorted. That won't last but for now ....

Anyone else got around to owt?
In London. Keen but lazy.

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 4,328
    I'm thinking about getting around to drinking that bottle of red wine I didn't get to drink at Xmas...
  • B3B3 Posts: 11,378
    🍷 cheers!
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,369
    Possum's bedroom emptied, prepped and painting started.  New skirting boards and headboard get painted this pm.

1st coat done on a simple wooden tray I plan to complete with mosaic tiles.

Swiss embroidery place mat backed, quilted and bound.   A table centre completed and wiating to be backed and bound.

Sashiko embroidery continues as does mathematical battle with some patchwork fora photo tutorial to send to patchwork ladies.

Seeds sown, dahlias cleaned and transplanted, last of the onion sets planted and some brassica plugs too.

No shortage of stuff getting done here nor of things to do.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Phew!
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,254
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 1,182
    Found the picture hooks so I can finish hanging pics but failed to find the axle for the wheelbarrow so still don't know which wheel to get.

Found my box of Christmas cards (hope I can remember where they are in November!) but still can't find my fairy lights.

Finally found the sledge hammer in the back of the shed but now can't find the bolster so water feature on hold.

Found the leather pouch for my secateurs, better give them a clean and a sharpen.

Found the base plate for my Nuttery birdfeeder but haven't a scooby where the screws went. Emailed a place I found on-line so fingers crossed.

Starting to feel like a cross between an explorer and an archaeologist, wish I was a bit tidier :)   No I don't  :D 
    @Lyn. I remember that one😂
    @herbaceous. I'm with you. If stuff is scattered about, you can see it or at least go to where you last used it. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,254
    Can I just be a GOW for a minute,  if you’re thinking of clearing out all you junk and unwanted’ s. Please spare a thought for the bin men, they have lives as well. I’m not putting my recycling out for a while, they have enough to do with care homes and such. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,369
    Good point @Lyn but this is, nevertheless, a golden opportunity to get jobs done while the pressures and distractions of normal daily life aren't getting in the way.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw