Corona lockdown and gardeners

Hello, I’m a self employed gardener and many of my customers are reliant on me to make their gardens safe. Would anyone have any knowledge as to how tonight’s lockdown would affect this? 

• PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,018
    edited 23 March
    You can't go to their house. If you keep 2 metres away I doubt the state will arrest you yet.
    SW Scotland
  • owd potterowd potter Posts: 197
    Interesting point.
    Regarding travel for work purposes BJ said this should be where 'necessary' but then seemed to qualify this adding 'that work you cannot do from home'
    So if it were me, I would be inclined to interpret this to qualify you as OK to continue.
    But then again, that's just my best guess, not an official judgement if you get your collar felt...

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,351
    I've just had this conversation with my fencing chap. He wouldn't need to come into the house to do it but would of course need to get the materials from somewhere. Don't know what the answer is at the moment. Job could be postponed from our point of view but I was trying to keep him employed.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,613
    I think that the answer is, you can only go to work if your work is essential, so no neither of these jobs is essential.
    It is not what happens when they are with you, but what happens on the way, or on the way home, or if someone else comes into contact with them when they are with you.
    This is only my opinion, but we have to be more sensible than many of us have been until now.
    Time is never time at all
    You can never ever leave
    Without leaving a piece of youth
    I think that's about the size of it. Only NHS and pharmacists, food delivery and essential services count.  
    SW Scotland
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,369
    Food production and distribution, medical equipment and medicines production and their distribution, pharmacies, banks, some post offices and certain delivery drivers are essential jobs as are, of course, medical and care staff and all the other hospital jobs that help them run.

Anything else has to be done from home or not done.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Yes, we know Obelixx. 
    SW Scotland
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,369
    Markos doesn't.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Well as long as you have informed Markos, you win the trophy Obelixx. 
    SW Scotland
  • PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 1,745
    Teachers have to work, too, to look after key worker's children.