RESURRECTED 91 :)

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,188
edited 28 March in The potting shed
Image result for 100th celebration images
We have to celebrate with cake of course! Carry on dolloping Rezzers.
Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,188
    Ok ok just ask who is a twonk! I've skipped the whole of the 90's and gone straight to the 100's. I tell you, this virus stuff has got me mental - like I wasn't before. Need your input Rezzers. Do I mothball this one and start Rez 91 or do we just carry on carrying on on this new thread? Let me know by the end of the day please. Humble apologies to all. I will now go and garden before I do anything else daft.
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 5,311
    Up to youLB . I would leave as is .
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 2,164
    Either is fine by me LB 
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,381
    I'd go to Rez 91 - that way the Queen will have sufficient time to work out when she needs to send us a telegram😁

Seriously though - I'm more concerned that we all just keep chatting and keeping up the Blitz spirit!

OH's cycling group have cancelled their forthcoming trips - as much because the average age of riders is about 75 and the lunch and coffee stops are an important part of the trip and that involves cafes and pubs...

True to form though a couple of them are more or less saying "Nobody's telling me what to do" and trying to organise outings with other members. They really don't seem to get that this is a serious brand new disease to which nobody is known to have any natural immunity - only that bestowed after actually contracting the virus.

They probably also don't get that they might soon be forced to make only essential (food, medical and work) journeys as is happening in France and (I think) some other countries. I believe people there can be challenged by the police if they are suspected of making non-essential journeys.

Re the £1000 fine LB. I think that's definitely been discussed as emergency legislation if sufficient people don't voluntarily comply with government advice and the virus spreads out of control.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Rosie.b.Rosie.b. Posts: 340
    LB either way, a slice of cake would be nice though. Good morning everyone.
    I've just received this message from my Bestie. She got it from her DIL who works for Age UK. They got the information from a Consultant Paediatrician in London
    It is advised that noone uses anti inflammatories (e.g. Ibuprofen; Voltarol; Naproxen and others) for pain and high temperatures. Use paracetamol instead. There seems to be a link between severe cases of Covid-19 affecting young people with no underlying illnesses and taking anti inflammatories. Initial reports started coming from French doctors on Friday.There are 4 young people in ICU in Cork who have no underlying illnesses - all were taking anti inflammatories and there are concerns there that this has caused a more severe illness. Apparently French TV and Radio broadcast the same warning today. Age UK have asked that this message gets passed on.
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 4,092
    Blimey LB - I did wonder if I'd missed several threads!

College isn't closed as far as I know but I'm probably not going in.

Treated myself to some birthday seeds,

and have ordered some compost online!
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 2,164
    Chey I have spare seeds if you want? Had a clear out and got a few packets. PM me for details if you are interested? If not no worries xxx
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 4,092
    Sent you a PM Debs!
    At least we have our banter and gardens to keep our spirits up. Happy sowing Chey - when the compost arrives.