Forum home The potting shed

Top 10 garden pests

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,503
    On that list of pests I only have vine weevils, slugs and snails and aphids.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,628
    Slugs and snails and a bit of rose black spot.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,433
    Only weevils and slugs/snails for me

I don't grow much that gets aphid attacks, and the birds get them anyway,  and the viburnum has only been in a few years, so finger crossed for that.
    No alders, fuchsias, box, or fruit trees, so fine there. 
    Red spider mites are never too plentiful here, and my little greenhouse is always well ventilated, so fingers crossed for that too.

I'm surprised leather jackets aren't on there though.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 5,573
    Slugs and snails. So far - fingers crossed - I've missed out on vine weevils. We do have an alder wood nearby but none in the garden. And we do have aphids and white fly of various types but not the specific ones on that list, that I'm aware of.

My main pests are all much bigger. Rats, mice, voles, moles, squirrels, pigeons, pheasants, rabbits, deer.....
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first” 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,628
    edited March 2020
    Biggest pest here? - OH when he goes off half-cocked without consulting the head gardener!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,945
    White fly, and slugs. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Plant itPlant it Posts: 155
    We've got a pest on our allotment a right no all if you've got a black cat he'll have one blacker!!
  • edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 2,121
    I only have slugs, snails and aphids. From what isn't on the list: cabbage white caterpillars if I try to grow any brassicas and some whiteflies in the greenhouse. No weevils.
    On the other hand, I must get nearly all fungal diseases that are there (4 on roses, some on fruit trees, early and late blight on tomatoes and of course powdery mildew).
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,692
    top pests in my garden are the feckin' neighbours' cats
    Devon.