Forum home The potting shed

Lily Pilly

FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,433
This is a very difficult thread to start.
Many of you are aware that our lovely forum friend Lily Pilly had been unwell for some time. I'm so sorry to have tell everyone that she passed away on Sunday.

Her husband David contacted me today with the news, and to say it was very peaceful for her at the end, and how grateful he was for the messages from forum friends.
He also said how wonderful the care was in Lindsayfield Lodge where she had been.

I know many people will be thinking of him, and the whole family, as well as remembering Lily Pilly.
It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,692
    Aw bless'er. 
    Such sad news. 
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,491
    Such sad news. She was a special forum friend. 

Thanks @Fairygirl ... not an easy post to make. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,271
    I'm sorry to hear that news. Thanks for letting us know @Fairygirl.
  • Daniel HaynesDaniel Haynes Posts: 390 admin
    We're very sorry to read this sad news, @Fairygirl - thank you for posting.

Daniel
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,164
    Oh dear, so sorry to hear that. Poor girl. Thanks for letting us know.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,433
    Can I also add thanks to @Obelixx,  who contacted David because of the concerns some of us had about Lily Pilly.
    That meant we were able to discover what had happened, as he didn't know how to access the forum himself. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 11,361
    Very sad news.
    We had become quite good friends, even though we had never actually met. Audrey had invited us to visit on our next trip up to the highlands.
    He calls her the chocolate girl
    Cause he thinks she melts when he touches her
    She knows she's the chocolate girl
    Cause she's broken up and swallowed
    And wrapped in bits of silver
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,628
    It is very sad, especially for her husband and family.   She was an active and well-liked poster on this forum and has been missed during her illness.

If anyone has a particular message - happy memory, condolences - they wish to send to her husband you can do it in a PM to Fairygirl or Dove or me and we will pass them on, as we have been with messages following the news of her illness. 
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,683
    So sorry to hear such sad news.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 7,009
    Thank you for letting us know this sad news @Fairygirl
    Lily P had a beautiful garden and it was lovely hearing her anecdotes as she worked to improve and enhance it.
    It is reassuring to hear that she was safe and at peace in her last days. Best wishes to her husband and family.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down