Forum home Plants

Plant id

WilderbeastWilderbeast Posts: 1,415
Hi all I divided this last autumn and was sure it was a pulminaria of some sort, however the oh is quite sure I'm an idiot and have got mixed up (to be fair as a man I'm mainly just an idiot) any help anybody ? 

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,448
    I'm pretty sure it's not a pulmonaria, but don't know what it is !
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,569
    Definitely not a Pulmonaria. It has the look of Bellis daisies (or even the daisies I get in the lawn)
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast Posts: 1,415
    Thanks AnniD and fidgetbones, so the wife is delighted that you agree with her that it's not pulminaria 😃 and is now more grumpy at my inadequate labelling (I label very little as I'm too busy just growing stuff). She assures me that we've not had any Belles daisies so we are just going to wait and see what flowers we get 🤣
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Posts: 4,205
    I label very little as I'm too busy just growing stuff.
    IMHO labelling is an integral part of growing stuff. ;)
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
    See I am but a naive fool easily swayed by pretty little things but never taken with the dogma of written words 🤣 anyway if I preform perfectly in the garden such results are expected at all my chores and that would be too much !!! 
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,716
    edited March 2020
    See I am but a naive fool easily swayed by pretty little things but never taken with the dogma of written words 🤣 anyway if I preform perfectly in the garden such results are expected at all my chores and that would be too much !!! 
    Quite right  :D 
    I feel I should recognise that plant, but I can't bring it to my mind. It has a faint look of rudbeckia or something similar, but perhaps @nutcutlet or @Silver surfer might look in and give us the answer. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
    Hi Fairygirl I went looking for the parent plant but it seems I must have totally divided the whole plant. Never mind I have about 20 plants growing strongly that need potting on and in time im sure they'll be identifiable. I do like surprises, the father in law is always nabbing seed from gardens and labels nothing but delivers trays and tray of unknown plants so we get loads of surprises 🤣

• Papi JoPapi Jo Posts: 4,205
    Do keep us posted,  @Wilderbeast!
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
    Will Papi Jo, and thanks to all for the help
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,716
    They look quite fleshy and slightly hairy. They remind me of something but I just can't recall it.
    CANNES FRANCE - MAY 15  2018 Chewbacca attends the photocall for Solo A Star Wars Story during the 71st annual Cannes Film Festival at Palais des Festivals
    no, not him....

Enjoy your surprise when it flowers @Wilderbeast. Hopefully we'll all recognise it then! ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...