Forum home The potting shed

Some people leave me speechless!

GrannybeeGrannybee Sunny South EnglandPosts: 288
There I was at the recycling depot in our town, tipping in some garden stuff I could not compost when I spotted a large PLASTIC Christmas tree in the skip. I called out to the attendant who fished it out with long pole. People around were very cross and so was I! Now I know how we get plastic in our bags of compost. Ooh some people!!

• SkylarksSkylarks East MidlandsPosts: 379
    That is very annoying!

I’m speechless over the selfish people who have been stealing hand gel from hospitals! 😡
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,444
    I'm having to go through my bins before I put them out for emptying, because the builders don't check whether they are using the appropriate one for their coffee cups etc... though I suppose I should be thankful they aren't leaving most of them to blow around the garden!
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 6,456
    I'm having to go through my bins before I put them out for emptying, because the builders don't check whether they are using the appropriate one for their coffee cups etc... though I suppose I should be thankful they aren't leaving most of them to blow around the garden!

It shouldn't be necessary, but might it be easier if you put a separate box outside and ask the builders to put coffee cups etc in there?  At least you will only have one box to sort.