Forum home Plants

DA - discount code

Mr. Vine EyeMr. Vine Eye Posts: 2,254
“EYF”

Not received the catalogue yet but saw this on Facebook.

Just used it to buy Bathsheba, Lady Emma Hamilton and The Ancient Mariner.

But those really are the last roses now!

Resisted the urge to buy one of the new varieties. I realised that the only reason I was considering them was because they were new and not because they’d actually add anything to my garden.

However I’d have considered Silas Marner if I didn’t already have that shade of pink and bloom form. He was sitting in my basket for a while. I’ll wait and seem how others find them!
East Yorkshire

• MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 7,409
    Thank you for that @Mr. Vine Eye .. much appreciated, as I was waiting for it... I rarely look at Facebook and I haven't received the catalogue as yet either... I expect it'll come tomorrow...

East Anglia, England
  • edhelkaedhelka Posts: 2,278
    Thank you! Time to go shopping :) now to decide if I only want two or if something else accidentally finds its way into the cart.
  • newbie77newbie77 Posts: 1,651
    @Mr. Vine Eye,
    I have been telling myself that learn from Mr. Vine eye and don't buy any more roses. Now that you have posted code and are buying 3, i can't stop  ;)
    I only really should buy Gabriel Oakbut tempted to add Silas M. Which rose do you have similar to it?
    South West London
    And i i nt know how Eustacia vye is also in the basket... Talk me out of it please.
    South West London
  • Mr. Vine EyeMr. Vine Eye Posts: 2,254
    I feel like Eustacia Vye is going to be one I regret planting!! Which seems harsh even to me as she was only just planted this autumn and just starting to show leaves now.

But I've been looking at photos online and I don't think I like the flowers! I like the photo on the DA website but that's it.

Hoping my opinion changes when she actually blooms.

I'll owe her an apology!

And I've got Mortimer Sackler in my garden. It has red stems - just like Silas - Delicate light pink blooms - just like Silas and the foliage looks almost identical too.

I don't really want another pale pink. And it's too spreading for my space.

I was tempted to get Young Lycidas or England's rose or Darcey Bussel as a deeper colour but chickened out. Young Lycidas was my favourite looming but apparently its very droopy which is no good for where I was imagining it going.

I've saved some money to spend on companion plants to compliment the ones I've already got now anyway.

But I'm excited to get the three I've ordered, they've been dispatched!

I'm so excited for this season, the roses are all growing! I need a new Rose Season thread soon to start posting in or I'm going to burst!
    East Yorkshire
    Thank you so much for the code and this post. Very helpful. I think i will only order Gabriel Oak as i somehow missed it from my original order. I have so many roses to look forward to and yes i need money and space for my other fav plants and need to buy loads of compost too.
    South West London
    Gabriel Oak is now one that I'm most looking forward to! That's in the ground already.

For this year I've already planted - Gabriel Oak, Eustacia Vye, Vanessa Bell, Lady of Shalott, Munstead Wood, Scarborough Fair, Princess Alexandra of Kent, Desdemona and Emily Bronte.

Now got Bathsheba, Lady Emma Hamilton and The Ancient Mariner on the way to add to the ones I've already got in the garden from the previous year that will be in their second year of growth now.

So plenty of Rosa to look forward to!
    East Yorkshire
  • FireFire Posts: 17,116
    The code is just too late for me. 😖
    Oh that’s a pain Fire!

just spotted this pic of The Country Parson - reminds me of a photo you shared of The Lark Ascending @Marlorena

East Yorkshire
  • MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 7,409
    ..yes, wickedly dangerous... I heard it's worse than Munstead Wood, which is saying something... I shall be planting it out of harms way...
    East Anglia, England