Forum home The potting shed

Covid-19

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,104
    I hear Bojo has eventually called a Cobra meeting. 
    Glad to see he's got his finger on the pulse. Maybe his wedding planner let him down this morning and he had nothing else to do?
    Devon.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,539
    Hostafan1 said:
    Maybe his wedding planner let him down this morning and he had nothing else to do?
    Speaking of over population does the world really need a 6th Bojo Jnr? A Prime Minister with a history of poor self control and who doesn't seem to be a fan of contraception isn't a great example to set to the world.

Unlike the brain, the stomach warns you when it's empty.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,104
    Has Bojo even admitted how many single mothers he's left about the place.

"In a 1995 Spectator article, the PM wrote that single mothers were raising a generation of "ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive and illegitimate children".
    https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/boris-johnson/news/108434/boris-johnson-criticised-over

Does he consider his own children fall into that category ?
    Devon.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,799
    Am I right in thinking that self-isolation doesn't mean you can't go out in your garden or along a country lane for a walk in the fresh air? As long as you keep at least 2 metres away from anyone else, surely that's okay?
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 3,988
    Only if you live alone. Anything you touch is supposedly contaminated for 72 hours so housemates are at risk of infection. 
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,769
    So its ok if you tiptoe out the front door without touching anything 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 10,904
    "Flu is a bigger killer."

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,799
    That doesn't make sense. You aren't going to touch anything if you're just walking. Of course OH's and other family members can go out as well. You would have to be careful not to open gates though.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 9,738
    Infecting / being infected by people within the same house, is almost inevitable.
    I suspect that leaving the boundaries of your property, would not count as self isolation.
    The biggest problems at the moment are: either panic, or being too blase. 
    Southern trees bear a strange fruit
    Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
  • GreenbirdGreenbird Posts: 235
    Fire said:
    "Flu is a bigger killer."

Fair enough. Consider me educated