Forum home Problem solving

How to discourage ( dog walkers ) dogs from pooping in my front garden

12346»

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,215
    Has the typeface gone really tiny or is it just me?
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,868
    I think you're right, @pansyface...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Rhondda ValleyPosts: 2,696
    Back now!   I cant spend all day on here!😊

We have a lane at the back of our house where people let their dogs poo,without picking it up. If we sprinkle a wateringcan full of diluted Jeyes fluid,over the ground,the dogs dont like the smell.  A polite notice asking for it to be picked up was ignored,and as the adjacent piece of lane is ours,with regular use,we thought it was justified. It doesnt seem to kill the weeds so I think its the beautiful aroma of the Jeyes that they dont like sniffing!
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,197
    Jeyes Fluid is a deadly poison for cats (and other animals) even when diluted ...  and for some reason cats like the taste of it ... it causes an agonising death. 

It should never be used for any other than the purposes described on the container.  :disappointed:
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Valley GardenerValley Gardener Rhondda ValleyPosts: 2,696
    Yes,I see it says to clean and disinfect where your dog has peed and pooed on your patio.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,197
    Yes ... it should then be allowed to dry before animals are allowed back to the area. 
    Any pools or puddles of the diluted liquid are a danger. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,866
    NewBoy2 said:
    For persistent offenders I would take the dog off them and take it to the RSPB....sorry i meant Dogs Home and give it to a family who will "own " it properly.

Im afriad that in Liberal Britain we are far too soft on some folk.
    I think the RSPB are a bit busy protecting birds to get involved with disputes about dogs. :# 

Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people