Forum home Problem solving

How to discourage ( dog walkers ) dogs from pooping in my front garden

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,197
    Even in country lanes you should clear up after your dog. We used to live at the end of a narrow country lane full of wildflowers  ... about half a dozen folk would use that lane to walk their dogs first thing in the morning ... it was very unpleasant walking Wonky and her brother to school past 6+ large steaming smelly heaps of dog poo. 🤢 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,560
    Forgot to say that round here dogs are banned from beaches between the start of the Easter hols and the end of September or October depending.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,058
    I've been there, and have the T-shirts too @Dovefromabove
    When oldest was at the local playgroup, we walked there each day. She became very adept at cr*p dodging on the little footpath we used.  :/

I had to take a friend to task once, when she said her husband didn't pick up on a section of grass where they live. "It's not in a garden- it's just a piece of 'spare ground' near the road" was the defence.  :/
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,560
    We do @Dovefromabove.   
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,197
    Obelixx said:
    We do @Dovefromabove.   
    😘 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Obelixx said:
    We are lucky in having lots of country lanes for walkies but if we go somewhere else, such as the beach, we always have poo bags and pick up.  

I expect the same courtesy of other dog owners so, assuming you can't prevent people and their dogs from fouling your property the CCTV camera and notice are the way to go.   Be clear and polite with the notice and send info to the council and police every time someone offends.   

If the council doesn't take action, name and shame them in local press and, if you have a local Facebook group for your area, post pictures there too and call on others to support your campaign.  You are surely not alone in having this problem.

Thanks for having taken the time to make such a valuable comment .
  • Hostafan1 said:
    I'd happily see dogs banned from all public parks and beaches.
    As a dog owner I totally agree. When we take the kids places it's so nice when dogs are banned and you don't have to constantly watch where everyone is walking. Sadly it's usually the same people who don't clean up after dogs that also ignore the 'no dogs' signs.
    I totally agree . 
  • Hostafan1 said:
    @Fairygirl, If folk don't have room to exercise their dog on they own land, they shouldn't expect others to be subjected to them . 
    Nice comment . 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,310
    KEEPGREEN said:
    Hostafan1 said:
    @Fairygirl, If folk don't have room to exercise their dog on they own land, they shouldn't expect others to be subjected to them . 
    Nice comment . 
    don't you love it when their filthy mutt jumps up on you , leaving slobber and muddy paw prints all over you and all the owner says is " Oh, he likes you"  " Well I don't like him and I hope you're now going to give me the money to have these clothes dry cleaned" 
    Devon.
  • Hostafan1 said:
    KEEPGREEN said:
    Hostafan1 said:
    Nice comment . 
    don't you love it when their filthy mutt jumps up on you , leaving slobber and muddy paw prints all over you and all the owner says is " Oh, he likes you"  " Well I don't like him and I hope you're now going to give me the money to have these clothes dry cleaned" 
    nice one,  :)