Forum home The potting shed

Revamped patio

madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,817
edited 27 February in The potting shed
Last April (2019) I decided to have my back gate replaced and other building work done in the garden.It took me until October to find someone who would actually do the work.
The weather has delayed things and the work started this week in pouring rain and a gale!
The whole area in question has been 'on hold' for almost a whole year which is very frustrating as I have lots of plans!!
It may look like a lot of hard landscaping but it actually usable now.
I had slopes and different levels and now it is all one level and much easier for me to move around.A small raised bed and a hard edging to the bed.
The side gate has been moved forward.Originally the areas on either side of the fence were not easily workable,the front always in shade and the back funny angles.
Needs a clean up now but should be nice for the summer.
Really pleased with it!

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

After

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings

• madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,817
    The builder even made a hedgehog hole at the bottom of the gate!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,832
    😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,416
     :) 
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
    Forgot to show good photos of the newly enlarged area behind the new gate compared to the awkward space it was before.
    It is like having a whole new room!!

Before

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 979
    That’s really nice. Well done to you for the inspiration and to your builder for effecting your plans. I do like seeing before and after photos.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,410
    That looks really good and a much more usable space. Are you planning more pots?
    Lizzie27 said:
    That looks really good and a much more usable space. Are you planning more pots?
    Quite possibly more pots.
    It is actually quite shady so may be a nice place to sit in the heat of the summer when the rest of the garden is too hot!
    Just want to get out and clean up a bit as there is cement and brick dust,mud etc. everywhere.Planting things back into the garden.Loads to do but it is going to rain this weekend!!!!
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,410
    A shady area is really nice in hot weather, and opens up a load of new possibilities.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,416
    Lizzie27 said:
    Quite possibly more pots.
    It is actually quite shady so may be a nice place to sit in the heat of the summer when the rest of the garden is too hot!
    For a shady spot, there's nothing like a fern wall!

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).