Forum home Plants

Agastache

Has anyone successfully grown these plants?  I have seen them offered in the Hayloft catalogue, there are three to choose from, Mexicana Red Fortune, Blue Boa or Kolibri.  Any photos would be helpful.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,542
    I grow them from saved seed each year and they do well. They're one of my favourite plants and so loved by bees.
    They also freely self-seed, but by the time these get to flower it's usually autumn.
    Some also survive the winter.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,538
    I have grown "Sangria" from seed and pretty sure l had Blue Boa as a plant , but it might have been Black Adder, can't recall :blush:
    I find they flower quite late but bees love them as do hummingbird hawk moths. Full sun and well drained soil, and as Pete says they can survive winter. Don't know about a winter as wet as this one though. 
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,909
    I had them some years ago, can't remember the cultivar. Really loved their look and scent. Quite bee-friendly too. Unfortunately they disappeared one winter (too cold + too wet). Never tried again.
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • You have inspired me to buy some of these plants from Hayloft, or perhaps I should look for a packet of seed as it appears from all your comments that they are fairly easy to grow and I like the fact that the bees like them too. Thank you for all your comments so far.