Forum home Garden design

Garden Awning

are transparent awnings good for a garden like this?

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,367
    I don't know what a transparent awning is  :|

Why do want one?

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,524
    No.  If it's in place all summer your garden will dry out and die.

Permanent awnings, or sails, are really only good for terraces where everything is in pots and you take care of the watering.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Bit like @Fairygirl in wondering how a transparent awning would work and where you would site it. The pic shows a nicely planted garden which obviously benefits from the climate.
    If you are after a permanently "dry " space, perhaps a latticed arbour with some evergreen climbers ?
    Otherwise, as @Obelixx says, you will need to consider your watering regime.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,416
    Fairygirl said:
    I don't know what a transparent awning is  :|

Why do want one?

Easy peasy. A transparent awning is an awning that is transparent. ;)
    Why the OP is asking this question rather baffles me. Wait for the ad?
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
    @Papi Jo- I'm convinced there's an ad coming, but you know how it is - giving folk the benefit of the doubt and all that  ;)

I must be in a good mood  :D

• @Fairygirl and @Papi Jo.............I obviously need to up my game here ........I just assumed it was a genuine query albeit a tads weird.
    Looking at the OP's previous query, the transparent awning will probably be part of the Hornet/Wasp control plan..........No, I've no idea either.............He/She/It may be better off considering the Locust problem :D  
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,524
    Give them the benefit of the doubt @philippa smith2 and then be vigilant for SPAM
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Yeh - I looked at the previous posts the OP had made @philippa smith2  ;)

• hey guys i took off the hornets or i don't know what insects they might be..if you ask me how just pm me.

I just wanna cover the plants but it seems not right after all. Maybe a mesh net.

Why i got to feel that this gardenersworld seems like a battlefield landscape?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,833
    @rachelleyar  If you cover your plants how are the insects going to pollinate them?  Plants need insects. 
    Why do you want to get rid of them?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh