Forum home The potting shed

Mobile garden caddy

mandyroberts99mandyroberts99 BedfordshirePosts: 133
I want a caddy on wheels so I can easily carry long tools and hand tools round the garden and save going back and forth when I need something. I would like something like this but can only find this one in UK. Any suggestions? I like the look of this but I can't believe there are no other choices? 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/UPP-Transport-Delivery-practical-12-Compartments/dp/B07DCBC5VZ

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,519
    I'd just tape a bucket to a sack trolley. You'll get a better quality sack trolley for the same money and can customise the layout to suit you. If you make it easy to take apart you can use it to move large pots and compost sacks etc too.
  • mandyroberts99mandyroberts99 BedfordshirePosts: 133
    I've got a sack trolley but its quite heavy and I can't load up with all the stuff I would like?
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,394
    I use a wheelbarrow 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Could you not adapt one of those shopping trolleys on wheels ?  Don't know how good the fabric is but it would be lighter than a sack barrow.

I use a wheelbarrow 😊 

The long tools always seem to fall off!
    Could you not adapt one of those shopping trolleys on wheels ?  Don't know how good the fabric is but it would be lighter than a sack barrow.

Good idea I'll have a look
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,394
    💡 What about one of those golf bags on wheels?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 6,266
    edited February 2020
    @mandyroberts99 .  I have an upright plastic garden cart on two wheels which I use in the garden- it's light enough to lift up and down our steps and I also use it to carry my tools & plants along the path to the school garden I look after. Abt £20 from Homebase or B & Q. This is the second I've had in 10 years or so. It's also big enough to carry a sack of compost around the garden.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,765
    I use a plastic wheelbarrow, tools stay on there and I’ve usually got a tray of plants with me. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.