Forum home The potting shed

Pollen Grains

I have an unopened jar of Pollen Grains - bought in France so must be about 10 years old. I can't remember why I bought it but have only just recently come across it and wondered whether anyone can suggest a use or whether I just keep it as yet another thing which I thought was a good idea at the time.

• B3B3 Posts: 15,476
    Turn your bee hotel into a B&B? Breakfast included.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Good try but can't see any of my bees being keen on dry pollen grains - bit like museli without the milk.   Mix them with water tho ?  Would that work ?  
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 9,881
    Use it to annoy hay fever sufferers who you don't want to visit? :D>:)
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,765
    Good try but can't see any of my bees being keen on dry pollen grains - bit like museli without the milk.   Mix them with water tho ?  Would that work ?  
    If we don’t see you again we’ll assume it didn’t 😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

I don't drink milk. No reason apart from taste. Ive tried muesli dry and I've tried it with fruit juice😝 I can't see how cow juice would improve it.
  •  :D  :D
    Looks like it will get buried in one of the veg beds then.  This downsizing lark is a real PITA :/
    Cathartic though. I binned or passed on a load of magazines today. An empty attic and garage would be even better. Clothes that I  might wear ( but never would). are difficult for me. Got rid of a bagful this week. Can't even remember what was in it😕
  • My attic is empty except for various tarpaulins and buckets to catch the rain.  Garage is full ( and also wet ) as is the cellar.  
    I'm not really doing too well but 500 grms of Pollen Grain has to be a start - shows good intentions don't you think :D   
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,765
    Did anyone see the news tonight, people are sending clothes to Africa, they have mountains of them,  they can’t use them, apparently Uk is the worse country in Europe for throwing away clothes. Those T shirts used for one day for a charity event or pop concert,  they don’t want those so just throw away.  
    Young people won’t wear the same thing twice, throw it away!  
    Oh well, something else for us to use on the bonfire.
    My OH says they should keep them here, bundle them up and give them to people in flood areas. 
    Think this should have been on the Curmudgeonly Thread😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,394
    Nobody seems to use old teeshirts for dusters, floor cloths, polish rags, paint rags etc any more ... everyone uses especially made Jcloths (which I suspect are another product of the petrochemical industry). 

I hoard old teeshirts, nighties etc to use as ‘cloths’. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh