Forum home The potting shed

where are the free Maskota tomato seeds

how do I get the free Maskota tomato seeeds

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,809
    Where are you seeing these advertised?
    There were some free on the magazine a couple of years ago.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,519
    I almost threw ours out, they were so well hidden in the junk mail.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,910
    I almost threw ours out, they were so well hidden in the junk mail.
    Yes - mine went in the paper recycling, and it took more than one thorough look through to find them.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • ValleysgirlValleysgirl Wales Posts: 170
    Did have to dig them out from all the junk mail inside my latest Gardeners World Magazine earlier, ( packaging NOW recyclable but loads of tat sent, defeats the object )a new variety to us will stick to Moneymaker I expect, still Free though.
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,174
    I grew Maskotka a few years ago in a basket thinking it was a tumbler.
    The main stem got to over 2ft high before throwing out very long side shoots. It was smothered in fruits but just about every branch/vine snapped under the weight. I did keep it in the greenhouse though as it was way too unwieldy to be hanging outside in all the weather.
    The taste was better than Tumbling Tom, but not really anything that special in my opinion
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
    Pete.8 said:
    The taste was better than Tumbling Tom, but not really anything that special in my opinion
    I was actually going to start a post to see if they were worth growing but I'll stick to my usual variety I think.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,174
    Last year I grew Rose de Berne for the first time.
    The best tasting tom I've ever had and a lovely colour
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 1,085
    There's a phone number in the magazine to call if the free seeds weren't in the package. Like everyone above I had to search through all the included stuff to find mine.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 6,266
    I grew the free ones last time and were very pleased with taste and quantity.
    I ended up planting 20 seeds of these just in case we had problems with our other seeds which were a bit out of date. I also found last year's free cherry tomato seeds from the magazine so put some of them in too. Out of twenty only five have germinated and a couple of those look deformed, we should get a couple of plants out of it though (I hope). Last year's seeds are flying up though and my out of date ones are doing well too luckily.