Forum home The potting shed

Potting shed makeover

2»

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 3,099
    edited February 2020
    That is the most fantastic potting shed in the Western World! It’s quite stunning.
    I have been studying the photos and a few things baffle me. In photo 2 those tools are gloriously polished. Was that done just prior to the photo shoot? The handles are the larger tools suggest they might have some antiquity.

I very much like that tiny ecclesiastical style cupboard. What is in it? I can’t make that out at all. And is that a gold fob watch hanging next to the hand trowels? 

In photo 3 I approve of the Fortnum’s hamper; we have one serving as a coffee table in our summer house. However it does appear to be below a set of greengrocers’ apostrophes. Aargh! The two mugs and the string dispenser are just gorgeous. I covet them.

In the last photo there is a scary looking shadow coming in from the bottom left. Couple that with the instruments of torture hanging from the ceiling and you have the makings of a Hammer horror film set! Do you have a use envisaged for those pot hangers? 

The pencil in the tin is disappointingly prosaic. It cries out for one of those flat, stubby ones that permanently sit behind a carpenter’s ear. It needs a sludge brown tradesman’s overall to go with it. 

Do you have a greenhouse? I’d love to see what wonders you could perform transforming that.
  • What an amazing place you've created.
    I have some wood from my old potting shed which I want to make some things for my new potting shed from.
    Got some ideas from your photos.
    Any other ideas?

• How do you attach the jars to the underside of the shelf and the pencil tin to the side?
  • It looks amazing but where do you do the potting?
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 11,550
    i'd be really interested in regular follow ups on this thread. Thanks @donna959