Forum home Plants

Not what I ordered

Please can anyone identify these small specie tulips. They are not anything like the ones I ordered.thanks Valerie 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,940
    They look like Parrot tulips , but I think they haven’t been planted deep enough so have come up too early. What did you order? 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,620
    They look like Turkestanica to me - a bit chewed by slugs and snails.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,940
    I thought that as well but the top picture looks like much bigger buds.  Whichever way, I think they’re up too early.n
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,336
    I'd go with 'slugged' Turkestanica, too, if they are indeed species tulips.  My T. Turk aren't even showing yet though and the other species types are either just leaves or just emerging.  None are showing flower buds yet.
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,422
    What was the variety actually ordered?
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,022
    edited February 2020
    Well @valerieroberts, I ordered some “ snow in summer” ( cerastium) last year and ended up nurturing chickweed for months on end😬😂😂 
  • yorkshireroseyorkshirerose North YorkshirePosts: 574
    Where did you order them from? Any reputable retailer would most likely refund your money if you sent a photo and proof of purchase.
    A gardener's work is never at an end  - (John Evelyn 1620-1706)
  • Hello gardeners, . It’s so disappointing after all the effort to get something you would not have even thought of ordering. I’m sure the supplier will sent me the right ones next planting time. Turkestanica looks about right, must do something about the slugs I think. Many thanks for your great imput. Valerie