hybrid impatiens

Impatiens New Guinea hybrids I believe are a very tender perennial, can anyone tell me where I can buy this plant. Parker’s and Sutton’s have a hybrid impatiens but I don’t think these are perennial. Any info gratefully received. Valerie

• As far as I know Impatiens New Guinea would only be treated as an annual in the UK but if you have you have the conditions to overwinter then you could keep them going.
    A lot of "exotic" plants are actually perennials in their native climate - it is simply our inability to be able to provide them with their correct conditions in this climate which makes them annuals for us.
  • Thank you Philippa, do you know where I can buy some.
  • Afraid not - it's a long time since I grew them but perhaps someone else can advise.
  • Thank you, let’s hope someone sees this and replies. Valerie 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,614
    all that "bedding" kinda stuff starts to appear late April time
    Devon.
  • ThAnk you Hostafan The ones I have seen advertised for May delivery are not New Guinea hybrids. Valerie 

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,689
    They are often sold as house plants in garden centres.
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Thank you, that’s a good idea. I’ll keep my eye open and go round a few of the centres that have a house plant section. What a lovely way to spend a Sunday. Valerie