• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,875
    So very sad  :'(
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Doesn't surprise me at all. 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,061
    edited 12 February
    I hope the Leave  and Tory voters are happy now. This is only the start. Workers' rights and protection will be next, mark my words.
    Devon.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,618
    Nobody can argue they didn't know this was the clear plan. I suppose that is one advantage of Brexit dragging on so long  - we know exactly what we are getting and what people were voting for. In detail. Free or everyone and anyone to research further.
    NHS, BBC, GM foods, environmental laws.
  • Rik56Rik56 WiganPosts: 187
    Fire said:
    Nobody can argue they didn't know this was the clear plan. I suppose that is one advantage of Brexit dragging on so long  - we know exactly what we are getting and what people were voting for. In detail. Free or everyone and anyone to research further.
    NHS, BBC, GM foods, environmental laws.

Other newspapers are available... even those with a slightly right wing bias ;)
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 4,067
    Is it a surprise given the HS2 fiasco? Boris can't wait to undo the protection measures that stop his vanity projects.

Emma Marsh, RSPB Director England, said:

"The construction of this railway will destroy wildlife and HS2Ltd does not have a viable plan for how it is going to mitigate or compensate for these losses. Giving HS2 the go-ahead, without a plan that benefits nature, in the current ecological emergency, is the wrong decision. We must rethink HS2."

The Conservatives also promised to plant 30 million trees per year between 2020 and 2025. Given we're in the planting season now and summer isn't a viable planting time has anyone seen several million trees popping up anywhere yet?

"Other newspapers are available... even those with a slightly right wing bias".

Absolutely. The outcome is the same.
    "Is it a surprise?"

No kind of surprise. Just such a terrible legacy of our lifetime.

"The Conservatives also promised to plant 30 million trees per year".

In my view, tree planting is no kind of answer. As we know, they need a lot of care, water and tending to grow to maturity. Much better to stop destruction and let them come.  

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 57,599
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

edited 12 February
    11 million planted trees dead in Turkey. Just greenwashing projects.
    Tree planting stats often include mostly plantation-style mono-cultures, which are no good for diversity or soils.