RESURRECTED 90

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,144
Image result for dawn of a new day in the LAke District  images
Carry on chatting everyone. I'll post a link back to 89 in a moment.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,144
    As promised, link back to RESURRECTED 89 as there have been a few new posts on there this morning:

• ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-seaPosts: 1,388
    Good Morning PF, Rosie & LB and all to follow,
    🥳 Happy Birthday Debs 🎉🎂 have a wonderful time away this weekend,
    PF Hope to see you back soon, take care,
    Rosie up late and awake early, hope you are catching a few zzz’s in between, have a good day.
    LB Hope you are feeling better than at the beginning of the week, 
    another bright morning here hope you can get outside today,

Enjoy your day everyone, my sister is staying with mum so we will get together today. See you later 👋 

• Rosie.b.Rosie.b. Posts: 333
    edited 7 February
    Happy Birthday Debs 🌹have a good weekend.  Chive enjoy your time with your sister and mum.  Have a good day.  I might have a snooze later.
    Morning Debs, Chive and Rosie. I love that view from your lodge Debs. Happy chat with your Mum and sis today Chive. Rosie, I think you are turning into a cat with all these short snoozes and night time activities. Do you ever feel the urge to go out hunting at night when you wake up in the early hours?
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 220
    Happy birthday Debs🎂🎊💐, have a lovely day.

Good morning all. 
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 5,302
    Morning everyone . Happy Birthday Debs ,I hope that you enjoy your break ,🎉🎉🎉🎉.Lovely pics Debs and LB . LB , Rosie has to wait for her Dreamiest before she nips out through the cat flap .
    Now that I would love to see Ruby.

Image result for woman going through cat flap

• Rosie.b.Rosie.b. Posts: 333
    Of course LB purr..
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-seaPosts: 1,388
    Afternoon All, nice to catch up with my sister and mum this morning.
    Debs what a wonderful view you have from the lodge it must be so peaceful there,
    Rosie Aha the secret is out, all those late nights now we know
    😉😀
    Rubee dreamies do have a magic formula that cats just can’t resist, 
    LB Great picture, I wouldn’t want to attempt that manoeuvre 😊
    Contemplating my next move now. 
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,364
    Afternoon all.
    Enjoy your weekend away Debs - gorgeous view from your lodge.

It’s another glorious day here - wall to wall sunshine. OH is on the slopes again so I went into town. There’s a rather lovely old church on the other side of the river with what appear to be a good series of medieval wall paintings.

Walking up from the bus stop at about 5 to 10 the bells started ringing. Definitely not the o’clock bells. Got to the church with growing suspicion something might be going on inside. The sign saying “Church service - no sightseeing” was not out (I could see it tucked away in a corner) so I went in. From the congregation, the dress, the sniffles and hankies I think I probably gate-crashed a funeral 😳

Wasn’t immediately obvious as there were a few people in everyday clothes stood at the back of the church and at least 6 people turned up and joined the congregation even though the service had clearly started some minutes earlier. I’ve been to several funerals and I don’t think I’ve ever known people arrive late. It’s one of the few life events people seem to make an effort to be extra early for.

Anyway I stood discreetly at the back while I sussed what was happening. Saw a little bit of the paintings (they were good!) and left as quietly as I went in. As I walked down the road another 3 people were dashing up the street to the church. Very strange.

Walked back into town and had a bit of a nosey round the shops. Market day so that always makes it more interesting. Love that at least one stall was selling loose salad leaves and loose herbs. Wish I could get those here. The fruit and veg were displayed beautifully.

It was still well below freezing when I left for town but by lunchtime I was far too hot. Treated myself to a technical winter jumper in the sales - it’s very, very effective!

Cup of tea now then sauna when OH gets back.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down