Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful - 2020

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,167
    I once bought a christmas card " to my Husband " .
    " I think you've made a mistake " said the girl at the till. 
    " no, I haven't" 
    "oh, sorry" 
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,368
    Hostafan1 said:
    I once bought a christmas card " to my Husband " .
    " I think you've made a mistake " said the girl at the till. 
    " no, I haven't" 
    "oh, sorry" 
    🤣 😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• B3B3 Posts: 15,468
    I once got a card from my PITAOH. It said Happy Birthday Son (crossed out). He said he hadn't noticed when he bought it. My mum denied any involvement - but I knew😡
    Good job it wasn't a Valentine's card.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,595
    I was thinking of putting "To my 1st Wife" on the card, then started to worry that she might take me up on it.  I couldn't cope with that as I've only just got this one properly trained after nearly 40 years.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,531
    My husband was self-trained and a very good job he made of it.  The only thing I had to teach him was not to tuck his shirt into his underpants.
    a bouquet of 24 red roses reduced from £50 to £14.95 to 99p
    ( sorry camera still not working ) Bargain indeed.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,368
    Indeed @Hostafan1 🌹 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Drove to Barnstaple and back , 60 mile round trip . The guy in the shop removed the battery and put it back in , Bingo!! and YES, I DID TRY IT MYSELF.  

Reduced from £50 to 99p

Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,762
    @Hostafan1 you’re going to laugh at this,  our oil run out this morning, phoned Lanes, will bring some tomorrow Roland borrowed an oil drum from them and brought some home.  I then had to prime the boiler,  thought you might think this a little bit funny since we were all laughing at you a few months ago😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Lyn said:
    @Hostafan1 you’re going to laugh at this,  our oil run out this morning, phoned Lanes, will bring some tomorrow Roland borrowed an oil drum from them and brought some home.  I then had to prime the boiler,  thought you might think this a little bit funny since we were all laughing at you a few months ago😀
    Clearly it happens , even to the best of us eh?
    Devon.