Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful - 2020

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 6,291
    OH is mowing the lawn! First time this year.
  • Ordered GH - last year was first time without a GH for 50 years - can't wait !!
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    Dried the washing outdoors for the first time since the autumn.
  • B3B3 Posts: 15,505
    What's GH? Do  need one? Good Housekeeping?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,492
    B3 said:
    💡 Green House? 😊
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• B3B3 Posts: 15,505
    😖
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,604
    B3 said:
    💡 Green House? 😊

I think so.  It took me a while to work it out too.  DH is normally the abbreviation for Dear Husband, so unless they have just purchased a Good Husband to replace a not so good one..... :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,492
    Not unheard of, of course 😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• B3 said:
    Greenhouse.  Yes.  Ooh, that's swearing B3  ;) 

KT53 said

I think so.  It took me a while to work it out too.  DH is normally the abbreviation for Dear Husband, so unless they have just purchased a Good Husband to replace a not so good one..... :)
    Sorry - would G/H have been a better abbreviation ?  I'm afraid I often use it and no doubt it will crop up more often once I get the wretched thing ! Anyway, that will teach me to be sniffy about the dreaded P**.
    I'd have the same problem with DH actually - I would perhaps just assume that the L had been missed off.  Context is everything tho and I had no idea I could purchase a Good Husband - can't afford it now after the G/H - have to wait for the next sale I guess ;)

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,837
    Good Husbands are trained, not bought!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw