Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful - 2020

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 6,291
    Forgot to say,  well done @Hostafan1 - I've cut my alcohol consumption down by half but don't think I could do without it altogether.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,231
    Lizzie27 said:
    Forgot to say,  well done @Hostafan1 - I've cut my alcohol consumption down by half but don't think I could do without it altogether.
    I've found it easier to have none, than a little. When I had a little I wanted more. I'm a greedy cow. lol
    Devon.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,604
    Posties wearing shorts isn't as daft as it may seem.  My brother in law is a postie and wears shorts in all but the very coldest weather.  His view is that long trousers get soaked when it rains and cling.  That actually makes him even more cold and miserable.  He keeps a towel in the van and has a quick rub down when he goes back to it.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,231
    I'm concerned the new Waitrose uniform trousers might get a bit sodden
    Devon.
    That won't be fun if you're hopping in and out of the van all day.

My RTBC today is that I had my blood pressure measured to day - and I'm normal!
    Officially!!!!  But why does it have to be so bl..dy painful - I was near to passing out over the desk.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,492
    @Lizzie27 ... since I’ve been “27” I’ve found the electronic BP checks excruciating and the pain actually sends my BP up!!! I now have a memo on my notes that my BP has to be taken by a nurse manually ... much less painful and my BP is as going down as I get less anxious about it. Apparently it’s a well-known problem. 🙄 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,837
    What??  Here we still get a band round the arm and after some chat so we're relaxed.  BP positively healthy, thank you very much.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,604
    Last time my missus had her BP taken the doctor threw the machine in the bin and dug the old manual kit out.  She said the manual system was much more accurate.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,532
    Hostafan1 said:
    Lizzie27 said:
    I've found it easier to have none, than a little. When I had a little I wanted more. I'm a greedy cow. lol
    Some famous person once said something along the lines of 'I don't actually want another drink, I want that last one again.'
    Interesting @Dovefromabove. I'm seeing the GP again on Monday so I'll ask her if I can have it done manually.  I think whatever my shoulder problem is (and the Xray didn't show up anything bar 'old age'), the BP band compresses the nerves, ligaments, muscles etc so much in my arm which causes the severe pain.