Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful - 2020

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,818
    edited November 2020
    Yes, when the major northern cities were in tier three and we in rural Derbyshire were in tier 1, we had roads and lanes lined with cars with  “foreign” number plates. All out generously spreading their contagion further afield.

Now, we’ve been lumped in with them into tier 3, even though nobody I’ve spoken to has heard of anybody they know, or anybody they know who knows somebody, who has been diagnosed as positive.

Never mind, Christmas will mix us all up.

Bllody barmy, the whole thing.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,837
    If everyone had grasped and followed the hand washing, face covering and distancing rules and stayed at home except for essential shopping we would have no need for tiers and far fewer tears.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 3,878
    I agree Obelixx, dont think thats' a RTBC though, Wilderbeast, are you allowed to cut peoples' hands off them
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 861
    As it's a RTBC thread I'm being cheerful, the remaining part of my JParkers order has been dispatched 😃😃😃😃 now I can set on and remodel our dry bed and some other areas. Oh yes I am cheerful indeed 
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 861
    Erh I'm confused did I say we should chop off hands ? If I did I withdraw such comments and promise to far less naughty 😭😭😭😭
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    Pauline 7 said:
    Did you leave it for the tooth fairy.?  😀😉

But of course!  In a beaker of water on the bathroom window ledge.  Last time I looked, she hadn't been.  But I'm not worried, I've lost several teeth in recent years and she's always coughed up sooner or later.  I've been saving the fairy coins to pay for the denture.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,604
    B3 said:
    If you have different tiers within a region, it would only work with strict border control. If not, you'd have people in tier 3 doing a Cummings for a night out in tier 2.

Unless there is a single, national set of rules, people move between areas anyway.  There is nothing in the rules to stop them doing so and many will have to for work or shopping.  People who are daft enough / desperate to want to eat out will also travel to tier 2 if they live in tier 3.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,604
    josusa47 said:
    Pauline 7 said:

But of course!  In a beaker of water on the bathroom window ledge.  Last time I looked, she hadn't been.  But I'm not worried, I've lost several teeth in recent years and she's always coughed up sooner or later.  I've been saving the fairy coins to pay for the denture.

My dad used to do that every night but the tooth fairy never left him anything. :D
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    josusa47 said:
    Pauline 7 said:

This morning the tooth has gone and there's a £1 coin in its place.  Does anyone know what the fairy does with all the teeth?
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,492
    We should ask @Fairygirl
    🧚‍♀️  🦷 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh