Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful - 2020

ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,604
Time to change to the new year here!!

Have just seen a butterfly flitting past the window.  No idea what it was as it was moving too fast but brown and orange.   Lots of busy birdsong too.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,184

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,683
    They're gorgeous Dove. My first daffs are out, must be at least a month early.
  • B3B3 Posts: 14,369
    Are we cheerful or not that we haven't had any winter yet? I think I'd like a few days of good hard frost to kill the bugs.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,604
    Dream on.  Very heavy frosts in our Belgian garden and no bovver at all for the pests and especially slugs which just burrow deeper to unfrozen ground and then come up and eat and breed when it's warmer.   Don't know where the aphids hif but they'd be there too and the shiny beetles that invade mint and the cabbage whites et al.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • B3B3 Posts: 14,369
    Well one or two might succumb. I was thinking more of the foreign visitors😉
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,604
    Like harlequin ladybirds?  Nope.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,043
    Roofers in their t shirts.
    Devon.
  • philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 8,881
    Hostafan1 said:
    Roofers in their t shirts.
    Could you send them up here please ?  Not worried whether they are in T shirts or boiler suits - would just like to spot this rare species
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,683
    Heavy frost here last night but saw a postie in shorts this morning!
    My Clematis Armandii  has flowers! 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,043
    one of our posties is in shorts every day. Madness.
    Devon.