Forum home Problem solving

Pet Friendly Slug pellets

Is this product actually Pet Friendly? I have checked customers reviews and they state it was found out not to be? 

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,074
    It's for poisoning slugs so it must be poisonous
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,314
    I'd keep it away from pet African Land Snails too.
    Devon.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,877
    Just a link. Do your own fact checking etc. I use beer traps or manual removal if I need to control slug numbers.

Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people
  • TraceyA2 said:
    Is this product actually Pet Friendly? I have checked customers reviews and they state it was found out not to be? 
    I have used this product and it kills not by poisoning as some think but by stopping slugs and snails feeding thereby starving them. They then burrow underground and die there. If you go to the manufacturers website you can read their data sheet. These are also sold under other names, growing success being one that I know of (others may well be available)
    Hope this may help

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,074
    I prefer the scissors method. Instant and less cruel
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,314
    edited February 2020
    B3 said:
    I prefer the scissors method. Instant and less cruel
    and what remains is still edible for predators
    Devon.
  • berardeberarde Posts: 135
    one problem with anything that kills them is that they are cannbalistic and dead ones attract others; my grandson accidentally trod on one and the next day there were two eating it. UUgh. At the moment I've put down some tiles for my clematis and find the slugs and slug eggs underneath.  I use nemaslug nematodes, slug collars and Grazers spray.  the spray has a bitter taste and is non toxic so puts off the slugs (and it certainly is bitterly horrible
  • TraceyA2TraceyA2 Posts: 116
    I used to use nematodes but not available here