Forum home Problem solving

Sarcococca issue

Hi
I have a sarcococca in a pot which is not ĺooking well, the leaves are more yellow than the dark green and has never flowered properly since i planted it.
Any advice would be appreciated. 
Cheers kevin. 

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,083
    I would say it is starving, how long has it been in that pot? I would lift it out tease away as much soil/ compost as you can & re-pot with fresh soil based compost such as JI3. A good dose of foliar feed with liquid seaweed would help too.
    AB Still learning

• yorkshireroseyorkshirerose North YorkshirePosts: 574
    I agree with Allotment Boy's comments, and also ask what location have you had the pot. Has it been in too much sun?I have found Sarcococca prefer a dappled shade aspect. 
    A gardener's work is never at an end  - (John Evelyn 1620-1706)
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,133
    Sarcococca feels better in shade and in the ground, not in a pot.
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160
    I had a couple go yellow and they'd only been potted a short time to pass on to a friend. I think they like good drainage, I may have over-watered mine because of the other plants that were near

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,626
    edited January 2020
    I have a hookeriana “Purple Stem” which lives in a sunny SSW facing corner with no more than a foot depth of dry, poor soil. I do throw the odd bucket of liquid food over it now and then.

Here it is just now, about a metre tall.

It’s a plant that likes to send up suckers. Maybe it’s feeling held back in life.  I’d take those stones off the soil, give it some food, sit back and wait. 
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.