Forum home The potting shed

Hayloft

widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 296
I ordered out of the Jan GW some Edelweiss plants, got an e-mail to say delivery on the 24th Jan, still have not got them, emailed but have not got a reply.
Anyone else bought from them??

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,271
    I find the plants good quality but delivery not the fastest. Customer service is excellent though so drop them an email
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,976
    I have had variable results. One order long ago was a two year saga over phlox plants. They said they were sent. I never received them. They sent out replacement dry roots very late in the season. Most of them didn't grow. The second set of replacements they sent out turned out to be delphiniums. Eventually I got sent another set of dry roots, most of which grew.  I currently have two lines outstanding out of two orders. Both are now slated as delivery next May. (Hellebore golden lotus and Tetrapanax rex).

Try phoning them to see if they have been dispatched.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 296
    Thanks, one good and one not so good, might ring later will wait another day for post,
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 1,818
    I'm avoiding them after a terrible experience on my first order last year...at least the double flowered hellebores they did sent out are a good size this year and started flowering. But don't think they offer great value for money, just dazzle people with unusual varieties...which means nothing if you can't deliver tiny plugs in a timely manner. But communication with them was fine...so hopefully should sort out your issue. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
    Phoned. buttons to press, answer machine, left message, just had phone call, saying my plants will be with me in a few days, said 'why was I told 24th' did not know, no apologizes, so still waiting.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 1,818
    An apology costs nothing... don't understand why you wouldn't be apologetic on the phone when something hasn't gone well...anyway hope they come though soon.
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
    Had an apology e-mail from them, plants have arrived, one looks great, one doubtful and the other hopeful,
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,538
    I’d contact them straight away - you paid for 3 plants, they should all look great at this stage 🙄. 
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
    Will wait and see, perhaps I've been a bit hasty,

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,538
    Ok - well they all look “hopeful” to me .......good luck 🤞🏻
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.