Forum home The potting shed

Blocking members posts?

Is it possible to block a members posts? Not that I want to do this it's just that I notice one member who when I see that there has been a new post on a topic and it is this particular member their post is not visible to me. I wonder if I have inadvertently blocked them?

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,034
    edited 27 January
    Go to the top right hand corner of the screen. Click on the little cog. Click on the edit profile line. Click on ignore list. And see who’s there.🙂
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 6,886
    It's an odd thing to do because you can end up only being able to view half a discussion. Not sure that's very helpful.
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,054
    Thanks pansyface I haven't blocked anyone, can I ask a question who does "allotment gardening" thread in "Potting Shed" show as last poster and can you see their post?
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,347
    Ah it's the Mother_Goose thing again. A few people have reported not being able to see that user's posts.
    Ah, @barry island  - Mother Goose's posts are always a bit strange. I sometimes can see them and sometimes can't. Others seem to have the same viewing problems. Not sure why.
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,054
    Ok! thanks it's not just me then.
  • philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 8,860
    I too haven't been able to see Mother Goose's posts - not for the last 12 months or so anyway.  No idea why.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,347
    I hope someone can. Imagine the poor person posting away thinking everyone just ignores their advice. :#
    I seem to remember there was a contentious messaging history somewhere a few years ago. I did message him a few years ago to find what the deal was.

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,818
    Mother Goose shows as a new post on a thread, but when l've gone into the thread, l can't see any post. From memory,  l think if you click on the name, the number of posts and discussions are zero and it says something like "You don't have access" or similar.  Weird.