Forum home Problem solving

Concrete prices

ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 25,361
This may be a silly question but does anyone have any idea how much poured concrete costs per cubic metre?

We have a large squarish area in the middle of our plot where a previous owner levelled an old farm building.  Someone has put down weed suppressing (not) fibrous membrane and fine gravel over much of the area as well as concrete "boots" for a metal climbing frame which has since been sawn off at ground level and removed.

It's a mess and I don't want to dig it all out and pay to remove tonnes of cr*p so have been thinking of just removing the membrane and then pouring a flat layer of concrete at least 10m x 6 or more which I can turn into an outside seating/dining/fire pit/sunbathing area surrounded by pergolas and trellis and then a wildflower meadow.    Can't find any sites that will tell me about concrete prices here but need a ball park idea before I spring this on OH.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 17,553
    U.K. price, £50 - 70 per cubic metre

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Could be bit more than that now. 

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 25,361
    Thanks.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Google  ‘Readymix Concrete’. Could be cheaper where you live. I suppose the more you buy the cheaper,  bulk price.