Forum home The potting shed

Monty Don in America

Having watched the first two episodes in this new series I have to say how much I have enjoyed the programmes so far.  Has anyone else been watching this refreshing look at American gardens?  I was amazed to see Amaryllis growing outside, along with beautiful roses which apparently are treated as annuals in the southern states.

• PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    I am afraid I don't like it, preferring UK based programmes.
    SW Scotland
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,341
    I enjoyed it, bit it is more of a travel programme than a gardening programme.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,770
    I’m loving it too 😀😀😀
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,255
    His face when the director of the garden in Chicago mentioned selfies being a problem 😂
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 9,747

Another big                                           from me.
    Southern trees bear a strange fruit
    Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
  • It is a travel and gardening programme, I enjoy both and much prefer it to Paradise Gardens too. Although many of the larger gardens were designed and built using slaves, many of their descendants are now the head gardeners.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,147
    I've just given up with episode 1. Too much chatting and shots of buildings , traffic even beaches and not nearly enough gardens.
    Devon.
  • treehugger80treehugger80 Posts: 1,923
    the Dupont conservatory was amazing!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,147
    the Dupont conservatory was amazing!
    mightily impressive
    Devon.
  • Really enjoyed watching. Didn't like Paradise Gardens. It has given me a fresh view of the USA.