Forum home Fruit & veg

Onions and red potatoes

jamesholtjamesholt Central texasPosts: 420
Planted red and white onions today for the first time!  Planted red potatoes today first time!  

• jamesholtjamesholt Central texasPosts: 420

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,576
    In my experience, cows and cattle are just plain curious.  These were our neighbours in the Belgian garden, come to see what I was planting out.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,427
    And these are mine, coming to inspect the new folk next door...

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • jamesholtjamesholt Central texasPosts: 420
    We have english black Angus cattle that are very curious of everything I do or put in their pasture.  I once had a small boat that I had just bought for the pond and had left on the ground.  The next thing I knew my bull was carrying it around on his head!
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,576
    Ooooh!!! Aberdeen Angus are Scottish!!!

That one on the left has got its eyes out on stalks @Liriodendron

Our neighbors were Belgian bleu blancs beef cattle.  The neighbours here are French - Blondes d'Aquitaine but another near neighbour has Limousines and another has started rearing Aberdeen Angus.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw