Forum home The potting shed

Garden Gallery 2020

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,936
    I was just scrolling through to say the same as Mary370!   I love the Hillstar, Pitter-patter, haven't seen that one before. 
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    Very nice pics everyone.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 3,284
    Missed from previous post

Pulsatilla in my stumpery 
  • Purchased in the bargain bin and just starting to bloom! Hopefully more to come :D 
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,775
    @owd potter I like your "rockery" ... and also that charming camellia flower!
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • owd potterowd potter Posts: 356
    @Papi Jo thank you for the compliments.
    My rock garden is one of several beds in transition whilst I experiment and wait for an identity to emerge. There are mostly low growing cover plants such as alyssum, saxifrages, cerastium etc and vinca which has ideas way above it's station to take over the whole bed. I don't have any alpines or such that I would traditionally associate with a rockery, but I am moving in things that seem right to me. 
    I extended what was the original rockery (half to the left) as part of a patio redevelopment last year and earmarked the whole bed as a rose bed. However I used the new half as a temporary nursery bed for some stipa tenuissima that I had grown from seed. Mrs P liked the grasses so much that the rose bed has been consigned to a what might have been plan and the grasses are now here to stay.
    I do like that Camellia myself too. I was toying with the idea to move it as it is crowded by a large Rhododendron. But it does seem to love the shade where it is so maybe I'll just leave it be.
    excuse the ramble...