Forum home Problem solving

Advertising

Hi everyone 

I love this site site but I get too many advertisements pop up. How can I stop it as I find it irritating please?

Thank you 
Paul 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,176
    Install an adblocker?
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,829
    I use Firefox as my browser with AdBlockPlus installed as an add on and I get no adverts here at all. You can set it to allow ads on specific sites though if you feel like the free forum service deserves some revenue. ;)
    Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,448
    AdBlockPlus works for me too!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,261
    AdBlockPlus works for me too!
    and me
    Devon.
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,850
    and me
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Buzzy2Buzzy2 Posts: 135
    And me, I didn't realize there were Adds!
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,134
    I’ve removed my ad blocker,   I can look in here every so often and know exactly what the posts will be about,  Astro turf, fencing, weed removal, has someone mentioned tools, I’ve got a Digingshovels ad at the top. 
    I help run another site and we’re not supposed to use an ad block as they need the money,  if we do, they flash up a message and say ‘can we have a chat’ 😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• TopbirdTopbird Mid SuffolkPosts: 7,571
    For those using an iPad and Safari - a recent Safari update removed the ability to use Adblocker Plus. It’s something to do with extensions and is supposed to make using the internet safer / more secure.

It’s a bit of a nuisance but the ads on this site are nowhere near as intrusive as on others. I could swap browsers but I quite like Safari so I won’t.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 6,526
    I don’t find the ads that bothersome, I have kind of got used to them. Apart from the fact that every time I look in here I get bombarded with ads from a company called noo sheek [sic - don’t want to set them off by spelling the name correctly] who is convinced I really want to buy lots of women’s hippyish clothing with pictures of cute kitties on them. Makes me want to track down those responsible and inhumanely euthanise them.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,134
    If I have an annoying pop up on any site, I load an Adblocker called Block Bear on my iPad. It will take the pop up away then I uninstall. 

I find it better than the Adblocker or Adblocker + 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.