Forum home The potting shed

Numerous plastic pots

markie6657markie6657 Alvechurch, WorcestershirePosts: 30
Hi,
We have quite a lot of plastic pots that we would prefer to find a new home for rather than put them in the recycling bin,if anyone would like any we are in the B48 postcode area,Barnt Green,Worcestershire.Criminal there are no recycling outlets for them

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,364
    Your council may not accept them in the recycling anyway. B&Q do have a recycling point in most stores though if you get stuck. Otherwise Freecycle or Gumtree might be a good option. I washed a big stack and gave them to my toddler to play with in the garden and he had a lot of fun stacking them or throwing them at the dog. I'm sure schools can make good use of them too if you know anyone to ask.
  • markie6657markie6657 Alvechurch, WorcestershirePosts: 30
    thank you,I'll try our local B&Q. I contacted our local council about them previously and they said just throw them in the bin,ridiculous isn't it? 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,380
    If your on facebook you can join your local buy and sell site.  You can offer them free anyone starting up gardening would be pleased with them.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,684
    At my last garden visit I gave away no less than 70 plant plugs and almost ran out of spare plastic containers! Even better than giving empty pots or... throwing them at my non-existent dog. ;)
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,380
    I put a couple of piles of pots on our roadside and a card saying ‘please take Free’ 
    they went almost instantly and the bloke knocked and thank you.  I know not everyone can do that especially in towns.m
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,346
    Another good website for giving stuff away is called Nextdoor.
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,054
    Plastic plant pots last a good long time if they are looked after someone always want them it's just a matter of storing them until you can pass them on to a new home.