Plants without plastic pots

Hello
I wondered if anyone know of a nursery that sells plants without the dreaded plastic pots.  I cannot find anyone in my local area, I am in Bucks.  I am wanting to buy a few small shrubs for my front border and have tried looking online, but the only thing I've come up with is bare root with a minimum buy of 10 per plant (which for my small garden is way too many).

I do reuse the plastic pots from previous purchases, but there is only so many pots you need.  It would be great if nurseries could use coir or cardboard pots instead.

Would really appreciate any information.
Thanks.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,748
    I don’t know, but there used to be a nursery near us, a small family business, that took back and reused their own pots.

They went out if business.😕
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,541
    Some of the newer pots are made from recyclable plastic but, generally speaking, other materials are slow to come available and expensive or impractical - think of the effects of watering and transport on cardboard pots! - so, if you are determined to avoid plastic, just buy the plants and take them home in boxes, leaving the plastic pots at the nursery.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 7,811
    Agree with Obelixx - take suitable containers with you and decant the chosen plants at the checkout desk.  Bit like emptying plastic wrapped veg, etc. at the SM and leaving the packaging for the SM to deal with.