Forum home The potting shed

NEW YEAR’S DAY FLOWER COUNT

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,320
Each year we record the flowers in bloom in our gardens at New Year. 

I’m away from home at the moment so I’ll have to do mine when I get back in a couple of days ... but I thought I’d start the thread to remind you all ... 😊 
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,085
    I was at a friend's house yesterday and he's lived there for 7 years and never noticed that his Viburnum B. Dawn is scented.

Devon.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,346
    I still have fuchsias, chaenomeles and marigolds in flower, and the winter jasmine is covered in yellow stars.  At the park, we have mahonia and a hebe that thinks it's summer.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,656
    Sarcococca, roses Breathless Charm, Fighting Temeraire and Scarborough Fair, camellia, cyclamen, geranium Rozanne, Mahonia, chaenomoles, mimosa, hamamelis, fuchsia, lonicera fragrantissima, lawn daises, wild achillea and some yellow weeds............and one lone borage flower.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,607
    As well as the usual winter-flowering shrubs, hellebores etc., three summer border perennials still enjoying a second, late flowering are Helenium Waltraut, Salvia Caradonna and Achillea Safran.
  • philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 8,941
    Lawn daisies, Dandelions, Vinca, Hellebore and Primrose plus the odd bit of rose, honeysuckle and Jasmine and a weary valerian.
    Next year will be much improved ( she says hopefully). 
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,753
    Viburnum b. and primroses are definitely out but I think anything else provided a midnight feast for a muntjac a couple of nights ago🤬 Still not sure how he got in but he cleared the fence with ease when I went out in the morning....
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 878
    Jasmine nudiflorum in full flower, then in the glasshouse Argyranthems, looking pretty, and a multi stemmed geranium, took the flower heads off Penstemons the other day to conserve strength 
  • bullfinchbullfinch SurreyPosts: 343
    A couple of camellias, and in the pots by the door, some winter pansies, violas and polyanthus.
  • CamelliadCamelliad Posts: 201
    My roses had a mixture of buds and flowers morning - The Simple Life, Olivia Rose Austin and a very old shrub rose - but I've since been out and nipped them all off. My anemone Wild Swan has one flower. Viburnum, winter jasmine, hellebores (Christmas rose) and daphne eternal fragrance are all covered in flowers.
  • Only Ericas and a few wallflowers.