Forum home The potting shed

why i chose Berarde for my name, wonderful place

I rode my bike up here  11 years ago. I've been back to the French alps every year since , but this is the most beautiful and probably the most beautiful place I've ever been. 65 now but plan to have another go this year
https://www.google.com/search?q=la+berarde&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB840GB840&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=RHZ_Lr1ZWxvcGM%253A%252CJMAMa0PRPfZXjM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQqy6jEnEY215bK8qf6h4w2O--MeQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiEjIbko93mAhWCtXEKHVtvDoEQ9QEwDXoECAoQGg#imgrc=RHZ_Lr1ZWxvcGM:

provided French trains aren't on strike

• madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,303
    Looks like a lovely place. <3
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 17,569
    Beautiful place, wouldn’t want to go on a bike now though. Assuming you mean motor bike?
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• KiliKili Posts: 615
    edited December 2019
    lol... Guess why I choose my nick name?

A lovely stroll up this walking mountain 

Anyone else been to uhuru peak?

And why did you choose your nickname?

Kili

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• berardeberarde Posts: 113
    Entirely leg power to make arriving seem even more worthwhile, even though I hardly ever keep up with anyone else. I like to think my passage has left things unmarked; also you hear the insects, little creatures in the grass, or running across the road. Also wild flowers, (but only identified scabious and achillea so far). Cow bells too. Also don't disturb the shy marmottes rarely seen by car
    And I get there by train and the bike is 12 years old, so being eco-friendly is an added bonus. The legs and the will are still there but now it takes longer to recover.

Might start a thread for reason for choice of name whilst the garden is quiet
    My choice of name.... because it is my name. I’ve never been into choosing any other words. 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,340
    My mother’s name for me. Lousy eyesight from childhood and poor care from opticians meant that I grew up squinting at everything.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    My username was chosen by the IT department at my last job.  We were each given an email address made up by taking some letters from our surname then some from our first name.  It was a large organisation and I was one of three Susan Joneses, so we each got a different variant.  I felt sorry for my boss, Stephen Hogarth, they gave him "hogars".  And our beloved administrator Linda Woods was woodli, which she said always reminded her of woodlice.
  • KiliKili Posts: 615
    edited January 2020
    Lyn said:
    My choice of name.... because it is my name. I’ve never been into choosing any other words. 
    And a lovely name it is too Lyn.   :)

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

Thanks you sweet. 😘