Forum home The potting shed

Itv Hubb

I have always used bbc iPlayer to catch up with tv. Recently I've looked for something similar for itv.
I found Itv hubb  but not sure if it's a paying app .does any one use this.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 28,137
    itv and channel 4 removed themselves from Freeview  catch up last year. I have to watch All4 from my laptop ,connected to the TV.
    Devon.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 4,343
    ITV Hub is free to watch on the internet, as is 4OD. Neither of them is as good as the iPlayer - a lot of broadcast programmes never appear and if you're watching while the programme is still being broadcast, you can't watch it from the start.

I don't know whether you can access them in the same way as the iPlayer - I don't have any 'normal' TV service - I watch all of it online, as Hosta describes, with a lap top plugged in to speakers and a decent sized screen.

“It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.” ― Terry Pratchett
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 17,553
    If you have a smart tv the itv hub app should be on it.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Lyn said:
    If you have a smart tv the itv hub app should be on it.

Should be , but it's not. ITV  blocked it about a year ago
    Devon.
    How strange, I wonder how it was on my tv must have another look. 

Both itv and channel 4 used to be on mine, but no more.
    I remember hearing a report on the radio saying something like " is this the beginning of the end of free catch up?"
    Devon.
    Still there, just looked at the Christmas Corrie. 

maybe I've just done something stupid, or NOT done something clever?? lol
    Devon.
    Something @Hostafan1 because it’s all still there as ever.  The only thing I can’t get on my tv is the My5 channels but can on the box I’ve just bought,  I had to watch the on iPad before.

• PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    I have no access to ITV player now as Virgin did a deal with STV in Scotland. That's not worth watching as the adverts are not screened out and they can't be fast forwarded either. Such a shame as ITV player was a good service.
    SW Scotland