Forum home The potting shed

Christmas trees and decorations 2019

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,463
    That's very pretty @PeggyTX , l like the decoration right at the top !
  • PeggyTXPeggyTX Posts: 555
    edited December 2019
    Thank you, AnniD.  The front of my home has columns and the look of an southern old plantation, so I thought magnolia blossom decorations appropriate for our tree. :)  the topper is one of those ginormous ornaments I just inverted.  
    My low-carb recipe site: https://buttoni.wordpress.com/
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,087
    In my opinion, the best Christmas decorations are ones which hold happy memories...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • I agree, I love decorations to hold sentimental value. Some of ours have been gifts or souvenirs from christmas ventures, as well as handmade ones which I made last year a set for each of my closest family members, they're just simple log slices with ogham pyrographed into them (clumsily might I add) and last year will all filled glass baubles with dried pine neeldles, sloe berries and madder, again really simple but still its nice we all have matching decs to put on our trees, especially when they're handmade. 
  • Here is my tree.

My children (now in their 30's) made these decorations years ago with string,sellotape etc and I love them more than any 'posh' ones.

Brilliant that they've stayed intact! You've taken good care of them! 
  • B3B3 Posts: 19,383
    That angel looks as if she's been at the Christmas cheer😉
    Those decorations are irreplaceable. Genuine heirlooms.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 5,121
    B3 said:
    What are the seasonal treats you can't get in Spain?
    Ironically, B3, nothing of UK origin, Jeff de Bruge Belgian chocolates and French cheese we can’t get in Southern France!
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 2,150
    edited December 2019
    Without an Iceland near us when we lived in Spain we couldnt have got Christmas Pudding @B3 but I believe now its possible to get pretty much anything! Not frozen turkeys though..........but who wants those?😊  Except for Iceland of course!
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 961
    Wife put up out trimmings the other day, don't have a tree, she blue tacks Christmas cards to the glass doors, so it does look somewhat seasonal.